COVID-19 Rules for Playing Golf
Please familiarise yourself with our latest guidance prior to visiting Inchmarlo Golf Centre (updated December 2020).
- Before arrival
- If you are feeling unwell or have of the recognised coronavirus symptoms please stay at home.
- Please do not arrive without booking a tee time online (up to 7 days in advance), or call in advance if this is not possible for you.
- Bookings can be made for up to two people whilst adhering to the 2-household rule in each group.
- Member’s guests will be permitted whilst adhering to the 2-household rule in each group.
- On arrival
- We have a large car park at Inchmarlo Golf Centre so we ask you to leave a car space in between cars when parking when possible.
- We ask you to arrive around 10-15 mins before your tee time to aid flow and social distancing
- Check in before play and make pro staff aware you have arrived and follow their direction.
- The member’s locker room will remain closed until such time as Government restrictions are such that we can open it, although one off pre-arranged access will be given to retrieve golf equipment.
- Please come to Inchmarlo changed and ready to play golf apart from your golf shoes and change in to them and out of them in the car park.
- We have procedures in place regarding hygiene and social distancing in and around the pro shop area for both the staff and golfers for everyone’s benefit to provide a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival using the foot pump operated sanitiser at the door.
- Please only enter the shop if there are no other customers in the shop. If there are customers, please wait at the designated area until the shop is clear.
- We have introduced a one-way system to enter through the Pro-shop and exit via the Driving range, please adhere to this at all times.
- Please observe our social distancing measures in and around the pro shop.
- Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
- On course
- Please observe the rules regarding social distancing and on course regulations at all times.
- We ask you not arrive at the first tee more than 5 minutes before your allotted tee time.
- Course furniture- all ball washers’, benches and bins have be removed from the course in the meantime we ask golfers to take their rubbish home with them.
- The course is pristine after the closure, let’s keep it that way repair pitchmarks and replace divots please.
- Following play of a hole, do not enter the next teeing area until the all members of the group in front have played their tee- shots and exited the teeing area.
- Teeing Areas – golfers to keep 2 metres apart at teeing areas and one group on the teeing area a many time.
- Golfers to stay more than 2 metres apart when walking to the ball, searching for a ball and playing shots.
- Golfers please do not to touch stray golf balls.
- Bunkers -with no rakes allowed on the course, golfers please make your very best efforts to smooth the sand using their club and/or their feet.
- Putting Green – Do not touch the flag or flagstick. Putt with the flagstick in and remove your own ball from the hole. Remember not every putt needs to be holed Scotland is the home of the “gimme”!
- After the round
- No handshakes at the moment please.
- The clubhouse areas remain closed at the moment.
- Return directly to your car, change your shoes, put your equipment in your car and leave. Do not store your equipment in your locker.
- Driving range operation
- Pro-shop staff to advise bay number to aid flow and use
- Every second bay in use to aid social distancing at 2 meters plus.
- Contactless card payment encouraged or use/ purchase of range cards
- No range tokens will be distributed.
- Golfers without range cards will have access to pre dispensed balls dispensed balls from the pro shop area with sanitising measures provided.
- The golf balls are washed thoroughly with soapy water after every use.
- Sanitising station provided on the range and the staff will carry out regular cleaning measures.
- Golfers to use their own equipment where possible.
Come back soon for information about our 2021 calendar of members competitions and events.